Happy 4th of July. Before we all go out and enjoy all the wonderful fireworks, picnics, carnivals, and anything else we may enjoy on this day, please enjoy these fun facts.1) The oldest, continuous Independence Day celebration began in 1785 and is the 4th of July Parade in Bristol, Rhode Island.
2) The “Star Spangled Banner” was written by Francis Scott Key during the War of 1812. The song was not made the official national anthem until 1931.
3) Three US Presidents died on July 4th; Thomas Jefferson and John Adams died July 4th 1826 and James Monroe died July 4th 1831.
4) The Pennsylvania Evening Post was the first newspaper to print the Declaration of Independence.
5) 155 million hot dogs are consumed by Americans on Independence Day alone.
6) It is estimated by the American Pyrotechnics Association (APA) that more than 14,000 professional firework displays are used to light up the night sky on the 4th of July.
7) The Freedom of Information Act was signed on July 4th 1966 by Lyndon Johnson.
8) The stars on the original American flag were in a circle so that all the Original Colonies would appear equal.
9) The first official 4th of July party held in the White House was in 1801.
10) There are more than 30 towns nationwide with “Liberty” in their name.